There’s a runoff election on May 22nd to choose the Democratic nominee for Texas Congressional District 7.
Last Day to Register to Vote:
The last day to register to vote for the May 22nd runoff election is Monday, April 23, 2018.
Voter registration forms:
Last Day to Apply by Mail (Received, not Postmarked)
You can apply to vote by mail by Friday, May 11, 2018:
Early voting for the runoff takes place Monday, May 14, 2018 – Friday, May 18, 2018. The times and locations for early voting are still to be announced, we will update this page with more information when it is available.
Last Day to Receive Ballot by Mail
The last day to receive a ballot by mail is Tuesday, May 22, 2018 (Election Day) at 7:00 p.m.
Election Day: Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018
Polls open from 7am-7pm
Here’s a map of the Texas 7th Congressional District.
Have more questions? Call us: 832-742-5579
What to do if you were flooded/your status was marked as suspended?
The best option is to vote early at any location and make sure to bring your ID.
What do you need at the polls?
Check registration details
Acceptable forms of ID
- Texas Driver Licence issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas Licences to carry a handgun issued by DPS
- U.S. military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- U.S. citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- U.S. passport
My acceptable photo ID expired. Will it still work?
With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the acceptable photo identification must be current or have expired no more than 4 years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.
What if a voter does not have any of the acceptable forms of photo ID?
If a voter does not possess an acceptable form of photo ID and the voter cannot obtain such ID due to a reasonable impediment, the voter may still cast a regular ballot by presenting a supporting form of ID and executing a Reasonable Impediment Declaration, noting the voters reasonable impediment to obtaining an acceptable form of photo ID, and stating that the voter is the same person as the person on the presented form of supporting form of ID.
List of supporting forms of ID:
- Valid voter registration certificate
- Certified birth certificate (must be an original)
- Copy of or original bank statement
- Copy of or original current utility bill
- Copy of or original government check
- Copy of or original paycheck
- Copy of or original government documents with your name and address ( original required if it contains a photograph)
More information is available here.