There’s a runoff election on May 22nd to choose the Democratic nominee for Texas Congressional District 7.
Any registered voter in the 7th Congressional District who did not vote in the Republican Primary on March 6th is eligible to vote in the May 22nd runoff.
Election Day: Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018
Polls open from 7am-7pm
Have more questions? Call us: 832-742-5579
Here’s a map of the Texas 7th Congressional District.
What to do if you were flooded/your status was marked as suspended?
The best option is to vote early at any location and make sure to bring your ID.
What do you need at the polls?
Check registration details
Acceptable forms of ID
- Texas Driver Licence issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas Licences to carry a handgun issued by DPS
- U.S. military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- U.S. citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- U.S. passport
My acceptable photo ID expired. Will it still work?
With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the acceptable photo identification must be current or have expired no more than 4 years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.
What if a voter does not have any of the acceptable forms of photo ID?
If a voter does not possess an acceptable form of photo ID and the voter cannot obtain such ID due to a reasonable impediment, the voter may still cast a regular ballot by presenting a supporting form of ID and executing a Reasonable Impediment Declaration, noting the voters reasonable impediment to obtaining an acceptable form of photo ID, and stating that the voter is the same person as the person on the presented form of supporting form of ID.
List of supporting forms of ID:
- Valid voter registration certificate
- Certified birth certificate (must be an original)
- Copy of or original bank statement
- Copy of or original current utility bill
- Copy of or original government check
- Copy of or original paycheck
- Copy of or original government documents with your name and address ( original required if it contains a photograph)
More information is available here.
Last Day to Register to Vote:
The last day to register to vote for the May 22nd runoff election is Monday, April 23, 2018.
Voter registration forms: