Houston’s vibrancy and growth owe much to its entrepreneurial spirit. But let’s not take it for granted. Big businesses grow from small businesses, and we can support business creators while leveling a playing field that’s getting more uneven and anti-competitive every year.
Most Houstonians agree we can:
- Invest in transportation, broadband, infrastructure, and other resources entrepreneurs need to create thriving small businesses
- Provide tax credits for research and development
- Ensure that tax reform helps small businesses and families thrive
- Close anti-competitive corporate tax loopholes and lobbyist-written tax giveaways
- Innovate to ensure that Houston remains the world capital of energy in a changing economy: We should become the Silicon Valley of energy development, including green energy development
- Assure workers a living wage