Hiding from our problems doesn’t make them go away. Nor does ignoring scientists when they tell us things we’d rather not hear, or bullying journalists when they report on the crimes of the powerful. Normal Americans agree that we’ve got to talk about our problems.
Let’s start off by:
- Confronting the realities of climate change, and helping Houston make–and profit from–the inevitable transition from a fossil-fuel economy to an “all-of-the-above” energy solution
- Tackling the education-achievement gap among racial groups
- Addressing the pay gap between men and women
- Reimagining work in an increasingly automated society
- Recognizing the challenges America faces in a diverse, rapidly changing world