Most Americans cherish the freedoms embodied in our Constitution. Yet we have witnessed recent assaults on constitutional guarantees. We’ve seen efforts to suppress minority voting. We’ve seen Trump’s infamous Muslim ban. We’ve seen the pardoning of a sheriff with a long history of flagrant civil rights violations.We’ve seen attacks on the freedom of the press.
Decent Americans are standing up to say that we need to strengthen, not weaken, our Constitution. Let’s start off by:
- Enforcing civil rights protections
- Protecting affordable access to birth control and expanding a woman’s right to choose
- Ensuring unfettered access to the ballot
- Rejecting the Muslim ban
- Reforming our criminal justice system and federal sentencing guidelines
- Keeping internet-access open